Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Still Life- Workshop Day I

11"x14" oil on canvas panel
Click to Bid

The next few posts will be paintings I did this past weekend at a David Shelvino workshop. My goals for the workshop were in getting a fresh start, a new perspective and 'eye' in painting. I have been working on a large figurative for last month or so and just before this weekend was feeling rather stuck. Since coming back, I definitely feel rejuvenated, refreshed and ready to move forward with it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Morgan, I was wondering what you thought of David Shelvino's workshop? I am considering one of his classes this spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, sorry it took me a couple days to reply, I was away for the weekend. To answer your question, yes, I would recommend David's workshop! It really re-energized and re-inspired me. His brushstroke techniques and sense of movement are beautiful and he is a fun, knowledgable mentor. Hope this helps and if you go, have a great time!

      Delete